Progression Surf Coaching
About this Course
Becoming a Progression Surf Coach (formerly level 2 Surf Coach) is a fulfilling experience where you’ll give intermediate and advanced surfers the opportunity to further develop their skills both in and out of the water.
You’ll support surfers in their technical, physical and psychological development as they transition to more advanced levels of surfing and for some, a competitive career.
The Progression Surf Coaching Course consists of an online learning component and 20 hours of practical experience with an affiliated Progression Surf Coach.
CLICK HERE to view the list of Surfing Australia affiliated surf schools where you can complete your practical hours.
Before coaches can enrol in the Progression Surf Coaching Course, they must have held a Foundation Surf Coach Accreditation for a minimum of 12 months.
To achieve accreditation as a Progression Surf Coach, you will need to provide the following documents in Surfing Australia’s membership portal:
- Certificate of completion of the Progression Surf Coaching Course
- Current Ocean Safety qualification (Bronze Medallion, Ocean Safety Surf Coach Award or equivalent)
- Current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003)
- Current CPR qualification (HLTAID001)
- Current Working With Children Check
- Completion of the Play by the Rules – Child Protection course
- Current state association membership
How To Enrol
- Login or create an account in Surfing Australia’s membership portal
- Click on Events & Courses
- Click on Training & Courses
- Click on Foundation Surf Coach