Woolworths will bring a fresh approach to summer, with the dates for the acclaimed Surfer Groms Comps released.
In 2022 the national series consists of ten events which will hit the shores of every State and will once again deliver a fun and friendly introduction to surf competition.
The Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps cater for the mini, mirco groms (U/8) to the big kids alike (U/14) of any level, and is all about providing a fun, but competitive environment.
As an added bonus, the respective winners of the Under 14 boys’ and girls’ divisions from each event will receive an invite to attend an all-expenses-paid, three-day Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps National Final Surf Camp, (2-day coaching clinic, 1 day of competition and heat analysis coaching) at the Surfing Australia High-Performance Centre (HPC).
Surfing Australia invites aspiring groms of any level to come along and have a go via entering any of the ten Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps events below:
Entering an Event: Due to the high volume of competitors entering each event of the Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps each respective event entry opening will be staggered on respective days to allow individuals the best opportunity to enter events within the series.
July Opening Dates
- EVENT 1 – Kiama, NSW – Sept 3 – 4, 2022 – *Entries open July 25 at 5pm – NSW local time*
- EVENT 2 – Coffs Harbour, NSW – Sept 10 – 11, 2022 – *Entries open July 26 at 5pm – NSW local time
August Opening Dates
October Opening Dates
National Final – Surfing Australia HPC, Casuarina QLD – Dec 16 – 18, 2022
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation and Surfing Australia’s commitment to comply with all State and Federal regulations, series dates are subject to change at any time.
- Each host state adheres to COVID-19 safe event delivery guidelines respective to their State regulations.
- Rankings points, Entry Capping, Heat draws, Event Particulars:
- Each event will utilise a mix of Second Chance Surfing Australia Heat Draws and a Leaderboard Heat Draw as follows;
- Second Chance Surfing Australia Heat Draws (U10, U12, U14), Leaderboard Heat Draws (U8 Mixed)
- 15 minute heats until the finals
- 20 minute finals
- Standard 4 man priority from round 1 for (U12 & U14)
- No priority for (U8 Mixed, U10)