From 18 October 2021, eased restrictions will enable community sport activities to return in compliance with the Public Health Order and gatherings limits.
Please be aware that the NSW Government has now classed community sport as an outdoor gathering. https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/covid-19-information
The following restrictions apply to outdoor activities/community sport for fully vaccinated adults (aged 16 years and over), children under the age of 16, and people who have been issued with a medical contraindication certificate compliant with the Public Health Order:
- All attendees including volunteers, competitors and committee members must be fully vaccinated until these restrictions are lifted.
- The maximum number of people for a COVID-19 safe outdoor public gathering is 200 people. Activity organisers must have an ‘Outdoor events’ COVID-19 Safety Plan in place. Click here to see the template for community sports including clubs; Safety plans Outdoor events
- Outdoor gatherings up to 50 people – A COVID-19 Safety Plan is not required for this type of gathering though QR codes upon check in are still recommended.
- Unvaccinated children 15 and under may participate in outdoor public gatherings for sport and exercise and count towards the total number of people.
- A child (15 years and under) is not required to be accompanied by an adult member of the household. All adults attending the gathering must be fully vaccinated.
- The 1 person per 2 square metre density requirement applies for all outdoor gatherings
We understand that between now and 1st Dec it may be difficult for clubs to run as normal. We hope clubs can get some club rounds going whilst adhering to the NSW public health order.
For clubs about to get underway, it would be a good idea to create a designated area that is obvious to the public and can be managed by the club with the right amount of members per 2 square metre density rule.
Surfing NSW does not administer the Public Health Act or have enforcement powers under the Public Health Order and, consequently, we are not able to comment as to its interpretation or application.
We hope this information is helpful to you and we will keep you informed as more information is released.
If you would like to get in touch please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in Surfing
Surfing NSW Team