In celebration of International Woman’s Day, Surfing NSW has announced FREE Foundation Judging Courses for any women in a NSW boardrider club until 30 June 2022. There are no prerequisites.
If you’re interested here’s what to do:
- Create a free personal profile on the JustGo.com portal Create a Go Profile
- Enrol in the online Foundation Judging Course.
*When you click to go to the cart the price will reduce to $0 because you’re registered as a woman.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Foundation Judging Course consists of an online learning component and interactive video judging exercises.
The Surfing Australia Foundation Judging Course offers a sound understanding of the role of a surfing judge, what the judges look for when scoring surfing performances, the basic competition rules and a comprehensive breakdown of all criteria’s in multiple surfing disciplines.
If you have a passion for both surfing and personal development, completing this course is the initial pathway to accomplish your goals and positively contribute to your club and state surfing competitions.
To achieve accreditation as a Foundation Judge, you will need to provide the following documents in Surfing Australia’s membership portal:
- Completion of the Surfing Australia Foundation Judging course
- Current Working With Children Check
- Completion of the Play by the Rules – Child Protection course
- Current Surfing NSW membership (Pay for your membership after you’ve completed the course so you can have the discounted judges rate of $15 – this is done through the JustGo.com portal)