There are potential risks for something to go wrong while hosting a surfing competition.
If and when these accidents happen, the event organiser or your business could be held liable.
Public liability policies can provide protection if:
- A third party is injured and you are found to be liable
- A third party’s property is damaged and you are found to be liable
- Public defence costs even if you are not at fault
As part of a benefit, Surfing NSW can assist with arranging public liability coverage through an insurance provider that provides protection from public liability claims.
In order for your Certificate Of Currency to be processed prior to your event, please ensure the following requirements are met and online payment is made a minimum of 14 days prior to the event:
Select Event Sanctioning above in the categories of events and ensure that NSW Event Sanctioning is selected. This will take you through to the GoMembership portal.
- Fill out and complete questions about your event including ALL Interested Third Parties
Proceed to checkout and pay the outstanding amount.
- You will receive and instant receipt of your insurance purchase and will be issued with the COC within 7 days.
If you have any questions please feel free to email email@example.com
*Please Note: This is Public Liability, Professional Indemnity and Product Insurance.
It covers the event for negligence, injuries caused by the event to the general public, damage to other people’s property and so forth – it is NOT Personal Accident Insurance and is not intended to be.
Should your competitors wish to be covered for personal accident insurance, Surfing NSW has this as an inclusion in the standard $60.10 state membership package HERE.