To members of the NSW surfing community,
See this as an update for our Surfing NSW position which relates to COVID-19 as of today.
As you are all aware, the COVID-19 information – not only from a state and national perspective but also on a global scale – is evolving constantly. The health and safety of our members, the wider surfing community, the Surfing NSW team and your environment are paramount; therefore we will endeavour to keep abreast of updated information and act accordingly in compliance with State and Federal Government advice as it happens.
Below is the latest update from the NSW Government available to Surfing NSW. Failure to comply with these current restrictions carries significant financial penalties and we would urge all surf school operators and boardrider clubs to make sure that they are compliant during this period.
Please see below link to the latest COVID-19 update: Wednesday, 15 December 2021, https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/covid-19-information
All Surfing NSW staff are working remotely. Surfing NSW’s working days are Monday – Friday and the office phone (02) 9093 6035 will be attended from 9 am – 5 pm on these days.
The Office of Sport has included information below relating to the sport and active recreation sector. For full information, visit the NSW Government website.
Sport and Exercise
Anyone can now participate in sport and exercise.
- People are no longer required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence.
- COVID-19 Safe Check-in is only required at gyms (but not dance, yoga, pilates, gymnastics or martial art studios).
- Face masks are not required.
- Density limits no longer apply.
- COVID Safety Plans are no longer required.
Indoor Recreation Facilities and Gyms
Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can now operate with no person or capacity limits in place, including group fitness classes.
Patrons attending gyms are still required to check in via a Service NSW QR code.
The QR check in process does not apply to dance, yoga, pilates, gymnastics or martial art studios.
Outdoor Gatherings (including community sport)
Density limits and vaccination status no longer apply for outdoor gatherings.
- Community sport, including matches, competitions and training, can take place for all staff, spectators and participants regardless of vaccination status.
- All persons, regardless of vaccination status, can participate in an outdoor gathering, such as a barbeque or picnic.
Indoor swimming pools can now be open for all purposes and are not subject to any capacity limits.
Major Recreation Facilities
Major recreation facilities can now be open to all people, regardless of vaccination status. Density limits no longer apply.
We will keep doing our best to keep you informed of any changes we receive from the NSW Government as they become available.